24/7-365. Basketball Lives Here.
It’s been quite a week for the city of Toronto. Raptors ambassador Drake has been destroying Meek Mill in their beef, Blue Jays pitcher David Price put on a show in his debut and now during the OVO Fest, the Raptors with the help of NBA 2K16 and Drizzy unveiled their new team uniforms.
The red and white are still the main colors, the fonts have been changed and a new OVO inspired alternate uniform has been added to the rotation.
Drake debuted the new look during his OVO fest as he rocked a Corey Joseph jersey on stage.
Check out the details below. Via NBA.com:
• The chevrons on the side of the jersey will now point “north” to align with our slogan of “We The North.” The chevrons had pointed downward since being introduced as a uniform accent in 1999.
• The fonts are accented with silver lining, a throwback to our past.
• Player names on the back will now be arched rather than straight across.
• At the waist-level hem of the jersey is an upside-down tag with our “We The North” slogan. It will be visible to players when they tuck in their jersey, and will serve to remind them of what they represent.
• Engineered mesh finish with a subtle design to emphasize a more aerodynamic feel that follows the contours of the body.
• The front of the waistband dons a Maple Leaf, incorporating our new look and feel with the symbol of our nation.
• The shorts have a shout-out to Toronto, sometimes referred to as the “T Dot.” “T.O.” is stitched on the side with our new logo representing the “O.”