24/7-365. Basketball Lives Here.
Since the Spurs loss to the Thunder in the 2015 Western Conference Semi-Finals, Manu Ginobili was said to be contemplating retiring from the NBA after a 14-year career which saw him win four NBA Championships, earn two All-Star selections, two All-NBA selections and a Sixth Man of the Year Award.
On Sunday, the Argentinian legend took to his website to announce that he would be returning for another season in the NBA. A free agent, Ginobili is expected to re-sign with the Spurs. Via ESPN:
San Antonio Spurs guard Manu Ginobili is expected to re-sign with the team, sources tell ESPN’s Marc Stein.
The 14-year veteran wrote on his website that he remains dedicated to playing in the NBA.
He did not specifically mention the Spurs in his post but said he would reveal more details at a later date in his column for the Argentina newspaper La Nacion.
Ginobili said he wanted to let some time pass after the season ended to make his decision.
“The reality is that I feel more certain and I see it more clearly than last year,” Ginobili said. “The season went well for me and aside from the ‘minor’ incident in February I remained healthy. I definitely want to keep enjoying basketball for a little while longer.”