24/7-365. Basketball Lives Here.
Some devastating news broke over All-Star Weekend in Toronto as Chris Bosh was ruled out for the big game due to what the Heat called a “calf strain”. On Monday reports revealed that the blood clots that ended Bosh’s season last year may have returned, this time in his calf. Tim Reynolds of the AP is reporting that the 11 x NBA All-Star is back on blood thinners.
AP has been told that Heat forward Chris Bosh has resumed taking bloodthinners to treat a clot and has hopes of playing again this season.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) February 16, 2016
Bosh will be reevaluated on Thursday and his status for the season should be announced shortly after. Our thoughts are prayers are with Bosh and his family and we really hope to see him win this battle and get back on the floor this season. Via Yahoo Sports:
Bosh, an 11-time All-Star, met with Heat physicians on Monday in Miami and will get further evaluation on Thursday, sources said. There was more optimism in Miami on Monday than during All-Star weekend in Toronto that Bosh’s condition could be manageable, league sources said.
Nevertheless, there are still determinations to be made on Bosh’s condition and immediate future on Thursday.
Bosh pulled out of the All-Star Game and 3-point contest on Friday because of the concerns of a potential blood clot. There was initially some apprehension about Bosh flying back to South Florida, but he did so without a physical problem.